UPSC civil services examination is considered to be the toughest exam inside the country offering prestigious government jobs. Preparing for the exam has gone expensive for the aspirants. Coaching classes and accommodation at the desired location prove heavy on the purse of an average income person. It becomes a dream for a lower-income candidates to accomplish.
If we look at the eligibility criteria for upsc ias exam, we find that the exam is equally accessible to all but over the years it has become inaccessible and unaffordable for economically weaker aspirants. However, now there are options available which provide Free Online IAS Coaching classes for the candidates.
- Candidates can utilize the resources available on the internet
- Can Apply for UPSC Online Free Coaching
Resources Available on the Internet
With the coming up of cheap internet services in the country, online services have penetrated to every section of society. Presently, there are more than 400 million internet users in India. With this, educational technology services have increased over the internet and are easily accessible to the students.
Now, there are several options available for UPSC Online Coaching. Some of these are :
- YouTube – this is a video platform that has provided a range of free UPSC educational lectures online. Here, students can access the lectures for free and prepare for their exams in a real-time manner.
- Telegram – it is a mobile app where teachers have made their channels which are freely accessible to the students. Here, you can video lectures and study material freely available and accessible.
- Coaching Institutes Initiatives – several coaching institutes have made daily answer writing, current affairs module, and study materials available online on their websites for free.
With these innovative platforms, students can now access online coaching for the IAS exam and get along with the other candidates.
Things to remember
To begin with the online coaching on your own there are some points that you shall keep in mind. They are as follows:
- Timing – you need to plan your classes and attend them regularly. Generally, with the all-time availability, students develop a lax attitude in attending their lectures. This pile-on day by day and becomes a burden.
- Study materials – download the relevant study material and get it printed. But, beware of the multiple resources available. There is much useless stuff along with the useful one. You need to find out the useful one. You can take the help of some friends or mentors.
- Test series – though the test series can be accessed online for free, if you want to get them evaluated and take part in the competition you will have to enroll yourself with some fees.
- Answer writing – some coaching institutes have their own answer writing initiative for the students. You can visit one of them and try to attempt their daily questions and submit your answers. Maybe you won’t get a response to all your questions but you will surely get for some of them. And, it will also make a habit of your answer writing.
Reminder For you
A candidate, while in his starting days, gets attracted to the variety of study material available online. You can also get monthly current affairs magazines and test series of every coaching institute. Also, free lectures are available in plenty for every topic. This creates a cobweb around the student and he wants to grab all of them. But, as we all know it’s next to impossible.
Kindly, follow study material and lectures from any one source. If you can’t figure out which one to follow, you can read articles available online or the FAQ section of any coaching institute. However, you can go for a test series for 2 institutes but don’t adopt more than that. Keep it as simple as you can and have a belief in what you have. You can also visit blogs of the UPSC toppers where they have talked about relying only on one source and multiple revisions for clearing this exam.
Central and State governments of India and several social organizations are offering IAS Classes. Students from economically disadvantaged Scheduled Castes (SC’s) and Other Backward Classes (OBC’s) can also participate in these classes.
Eligibility Criteria for Free IAS Coaching Classes
- Candidates who belongs to SC/ ST/OBC categories, Uttar Pradesh Domicile / hailing from Uttar Pradesh are eligible
- Students should possess Bachelor degree in Any Stream and their annual family income is not more than 6 Lakh Per Annum
Procedure to apply for this free coaching
- Candidates can apply through the official site of Social Welfare Department of Uttar Pradesh http://dirsamajkalyan.in/main.htm or they can also apply this through different links available on the internet.
- Applicants who are actually eligible for so called free classes get these free classes against a token amount of 1000 Rupees.
Documents Required for Free Coaching
High School Certificate/ Marks Sheet
Graduation Certificate/ Mark Sheet
Passport size Photograph