UGC Fellowship which is known as University Education Commission was established in 1948 and Dr. S. Radhakrishnan was the chairman for Indian university education and works for the development and expansion which will fulfill the present and future needs and desires of the nation. It is decided that University Grants Committee has been reconstituted on normal model of the University Grants commission under the United Kingdom. Union Government has decided of providing all needs of grants in aid under public funds to the central and Other universities and institutions of higher education which comes under University Grants Commission. It was started by the late shri maulana abul kalam azad who was the minister of education, natural resources and scientific research in the year 1953, 28th December. By the act of parliament The UGC was formally established in 1956 with the government to achieve coordination, determination and to have good standards of university education in india.
Objectives of UGC Fellowship
The main aim of UGC is to develop and to have university education and determining standards of teaching, examination and also research universities. Concentrating developments in the categories like collegiate and university education, providing grants to the universities and colleges. Being a support to the Central and state governments within the measures of available development of university education.
Eligibility Criteria of UGC Emeritus Fellowship:
Candidates those who are highly qualified and experienced, experienced teachers from recognized universities/colleges and institutions will be selected for ugc emeritus fellowship. And the eligibility will depends upon the quality of research and work which was done, contributed from the teacher in his/her service career. The candidate who are experienced can work under this emeritus fellowship with in available time plan up to the age of 70 years or two years. Transgender candidates are eligible to register under this emeritus scholarship. The reservations will be based according to the Government of india norms. To know ugc fellowship guidelines and ugc scholarship form you can visit the ugc official website.
UGC Fellowship Guidelines
Candidates who are selected for this ugc fellowship will get payment of Rs.31,000 per month for two years. For the secretarial assistance and travel in the country will get contingency grant of Rs.50,000 for the research project, journals, consumables, stationery, postage,books and equipment etc. which is obtained from the contingency grant will be the property of the university/college/institute. The Emeritus Fellowship will be provided for other privileges with medical faciilities includes to the university faculty members. The candidates who are selected for the 2017-18 are suggested to download their award letter for ugc fellowship.The Award letter is for the candidates who are selected of Emeritus fellowship for the year 2017-18 will be uploaded on ugc official website.
Selection process of Emeritus Fellowship:
- Emeritus fellowship is provided by the recommendation of the Expert committee which is headed by the commission.
- The candidate should not have any other post or benefited with employment at the time of joining in the Emeritus fellowship award.
- The ugc commission have the right to withdraw and cancel the award without having any reason.
How to apply for Emeritus Scholarship:
- UGC scholarship forms are available through online mode in a year by the advertisement from the newspaper & employment news to apply for ugc scholarship.
- According to the instructions from the online portal candidate have to register and ugc scholarship forms. Incomplete application will not be accepted by ugc.
- Candidates who are desired to apply for Emeritus Fellowship should upload the Undertaking certificate from the suggested research center which is signed by the HOD and Registrar/Principal/Director of the University/ college and university.
- If there are multiple applications, the latest will be taken into consideration.
- UGC Official Website: www.ugc.ac.in