The UPSC Civil Services Exam is one of the most prestigious exams in India. If any aspirants thinking to appear for UPSC Exam they must have the knowledge that, in every single years it is attempted by lakhs of aspirants across the country. However, only a very small fraction of them are able to fulfil their IAS dreams. This exam is not only take exception to in terms of the length of its syllabus, but it is also menace because of its highly unpredictable exam pattern.
If any aspirants consider that reading books are the only way to crack UPSC examination then dear students, you are living in your day dreams. Because, reading NCERT or other books will not going to help you in IAS exam. Aspirants have to gather knowledge from everything which are happening within our country and world as well.
While we are discussing about the IAS Exam it should be known to every aspirants that if you are in college right now and you have dreamed about to be a Civil servant then put your leg in the pedal.
There are few tips for all IAS Aspirants:
- Prepare Yourself:
- Before trying to understand anything, you should prepare yourself for the journey.
- Before starting your exam preparation first, you should prepare yourself mentally and physically for the examination.
- Understand the USPC syllabus and exam pattern thoroughly.
- If you are student or working somewhere and have decided to appear in the USPC exam, then think first, how will you devote your time for studies?
- Make a chart or a time table and do follow that.
- Know the UPSC Syllabus first:
The syllabus is the soul of any exam. Knowing the syllabus is the foremost thing to do before you go through the books.
- Make a habit of Newspaper and Magazine reading and develop your thinking as an Administrator
- Improve your writing skill
- Strengthening your basics: Falling into the rigmaroles of your graduate studies you might have lost memory on some subjects which you have left in your tenth standard. Subjects like history, economy, environment or others that are not a part of your graduation studies need re-reading. We call this strengthening your basics.
One way to do this is by picking up your old NCERT books and reading them. Why NCERTs?
1. The syllabus for CSE prelims mentions that the questions will be of tenth standard level. NCERTs are the best bet here.
2. The language used in NCERTs is easy. The subject narration makes it easy to understand concepts.
3. UPSC too prefers asking questions from NCERTs especially for Prelims.
Thus, make NCERT reading and re-reading an important objective of your IAS preparation in college.
- Solving previous years UPSC Question paper:
- Previous question papers will help you to understand the exam pattern,
- You can judge the trends of questions in the UPSC exam paper easily.
- It will also help you to understand which subjects are you strength and weakness.
- Lastly, it will help you to manage the answering time.