Don't forget to subscribe to email notifications to get all latest jobs directly to your email daily. We post more than 1000+ jobs every week.So,
North Eastern Regional Institute of Science & Technology:
NERIST: North Eastern Regional Institute of Science & Technology is the institute of science and technology aims higher education in the districts of Nirjuli, Itanagar, Papum Pare, in the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh. The institute was established in the year 1984, it is an esteemed university, autonomous, totally funded and directed by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Education, Government of India. With the 1979 proposal of Government of Arunachal Pradesh, North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology was started to found the institute of science and technology. By the team of professors a report was composed of the Indian institute of management, Ahmedabad in 1981-82, was confirmed to the North Eastern Council(NEC) which accepted it, covering the way to the registering of the society for the institute on 11 January 1983.
NEC arranged a working group lead by Amitabha Bhattacharya of Jadavpur University, which accepted a project report and work plan in October 1983. The report was supported by the Ministry of Education in December of that year. Though final favor from the Ministry of Education was in a letter dated 12 September 1985. The foundation stone of the institute was established on 4 march 1984 by the President of India, Giani Zail Singh. The institute beginning operating in 1986 with six base modules. in 1988 six diploma modules begin and by 1990 seven degree modules are added. The institute was financed by NEC until, on April 1994, it came instantly under the full financing and authority of the Ministry of Human Resource Development(MHRD). In May 2005 it was named as the esteemed university status. NERIST acquired approval for the program of postgraduate from AICTE and MHRD in 1996, and the latter was executed by 2006.
DETAILS OF NERIST:
The first meeting of the institute, marking the celebration of Silver Jubilee of the establishment of the institute, which was held on 1 April 2009 in the existence of former President of India Dr. A.P.J.Abdul Kalam held in August 2010. beyond the then Director of NERIST, Dr. Joram Begi, the State Governor of Arunachal Pradesh and NERIST Society President, J.J.Singh and the Director of IIT and NERIST Board of Management chairperson, Prof.Gautam Baruah was among the other leaders who had managed the occasion. The third conference of the institute was conducted on 12 October 2012 in the existence of Union Minister for Human Resource Development Kapil Sibal.
LIST OF CHAIRPERSONS OF THE NERIST:
- From 11 January 1983-9th August 1983 H.S.Dubey, IAS was appointed as chairperson of NERIST society, Lt. Governor of Arunachal Pradesh.
- From 10th August 1983-20th November 1985 T.V.Rajeswar, IPS was authorized as Chairperson of NERIST Society, Lt, Governor of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Shiv Swarup, IPS, Lt. Governor of Arunachal Pradesh appointed as chairperson of NERIST Society in the period of 21 November 1985-19 February 1987.
- Bhisma Narain Singh, Governor of Arunachal Pradesh authorized as Chairperson o NERIST Society in the period of 20 February 1987-18 March 1987.
NERIST is situated in Nirjuli in the Papum Pare District of Arunachal Pradesh at the Foothills of Eastern Himalaya. It is 19 Km from Itanagar, the capital of Arunachal Pradesh, Between Banderdewa and Itanagar. It is about 10 Km from Banderdewa – which is the border between Assam and Arunachal Pradesh, and about 390 Km distance from Guwahati. The Institute locates in the capital-complex, containing of (Itanagar, Naharlagun, Nurjuli and Banderdewa) and is available by road to the near cities of Assam.
|Name of the University||North Eastern Regional Institute of Science & Technology UNIVERSITY|
|Director||Professor Hardeo Singh Yadav|
|Established on||4 March 1984|
|Address of NERIST||Nirjuli, Papum Pare, Arunachal Pradesh, India|
THe NERIST campus allocate into two by the national highway NH52. The institute is totally residential, and is expand over 500 acres of land. There are nearly eight hostel blocks with the facility of having 1500 boarders; among them six of these house male undergraduate students, one postgraudate male students and scrutiny scholars and the other female students. The campus has facility and staff quarters, Medical Helath Unit, guest houses, Kendriya VIdyalaka, KG school, temple, church, namghar and a bank.
The institute is followed by a Board of Management, containing an example of MHRD, the eight heir states of the North Eastern region, AICTE, and educationists. The state governor of Arunachal Pradesh is the de facto capacity of the highest body, NERIST Society, which contains all North Eastern States education ministers. The Board of Management is lead by the director of Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Gautam Baruah. The board authorized a reputable academic, generally from northeast India, as director of NERIST.
Each direction has its own head of the department, normally the most senior of the professors. The deans for student events, academic, Planning & Development, and the Registrar oversee all other major activities.
The HMC is the management house of all the hostels lead by the HMC chairperson. Besides to this, the administration is also charged by the in charge/chairperson of Training and Placement (T&P) Cell, Education Technology (ET) Cell, Sports, Security, NCC/NSS unit, NERIST Entrance Examination (NEE), Transport and Telecom.
The academic program in Engineering and Technology contains three modules, each of duration two years. These three modules are a certificate, Diploma, and Degree contains the undergraduate studies. Each module has an entry point by an entrance examination held by NERIST. after class X the first entry will be there.
Each module includes terminally corresponding to an occupational level and, at that time, includes entry to the next higher module, having to a degree in engineering and technology in six years after completing class X. In the stream of Applied Science, a two-year base module and module of a four-year degree are provided. The system provides lateral entry from outside, at the starting of each module.
The Certificate and the Diploma levels explain the practical wants of engineering, which will help an individual to become an entrepreneur or to face the daily problems of the industry. The Degree schedule offers instruction not only in engineering but expands management and entrepreneurship aspects as well.
The institute provides B.Tech, B.Sc., Diploma, Certificate, Management and Postgraduate programs under respective departments.
Find the Latest Jobs in our site for freshers , experience .List of walkings , fresher jobs, latest jobs,Govt Jobs, Sarkari Naukri for all engineering branches, all graduates, Apply for all jobs mentioned in our site.
- Agriculture Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Forestry and Life Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Beyond the departments of core engineering and applied science disciplines, NERIST administers the following centers set up within the institute-
- the center of appropriate Technology and Rural Development
- Centre for Management Studies
- Beyond, there are few departments that are additional and do offer postgraduate courses viz Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics.
The institute facilitates library system which includes of a central library and 11 departmental libraries which support the teaching, research and extension program among the academic year. The student faculties, employee are provided library card for offering books from the central library. The library is containing a mammoth collection of books on each engineering subject and basic sciences. Beyond that, the library contains a journal section from where one can review the latest version of most popular and useful journals. The library also includes a good collection of novels.
Book Bank in addition to the system of the library, the institute is containing a book bank facility for all the students which aims every student to get a set of useful textbooks respective to the academic syllabus of that individual semester. The books bank was funded by North East Council (NEC): later NERIST offers the needful funds for upgrading and having the collection of books.
- To select students, NERIST provides NERIST Entrance Exam (NEE) to select students for admission to the programs like Certificate, Diploma, and Degree. Three types of Examinations will be conducted to take admission in three levels like NEE-I, NEE-II, and NEE-III. The NEE-I, eligibility is to pass in class X, which will be conducted at the end of April every year to the base module of admissions. NEE-II is for the normal entry to the degree module of engineering. The notifications for NEE-I, II and III are organized in most regional and national newpapers. NEEs are held in centers in the indian North Eastern States.
- Among the seats in each of the modules for advance admission, 80% of seats are confirmed for the candidates of the eight states of the North East India as states quota. 7% of seats are occupied from the students of North East on the basis of merit. 10% of the seats are occupied by the candidates from rest of the states from the all india quota 3% of the seats are reserved for candidates who are physically handicapped with 40-75% locomotor disability.
- Admission to the programmes of postgraduate in technology is based on the candidates performance in all india-level entrance examination GATE held by the IITs in the place of the MHRD, government of India. individual entrance tests are held for admission to other postgraduate programmes.
A student or an postgraduate of NERIST is known as NERISTian. The Recreational and Creative Activities Forum(RACAF) organises Sonabysss- a four day anual cultural fest nearly October. Synergy is the annual athletic gather conducted in January or February when track and field athletic events are conducted. Football and Cricket are the two most famed sports over the NERISTians. During the three-day annual techno-management occassion shristi, institutes are welcomed from all over north-eastern India Shristi beggined as the technical-festival of NERIST in 2005 which has turned the techno-management festival after the starting of Management studies at the institute. Shristi hosts occassions to build the interest of the audience in the higher studies, involving events for school chidren.
NERISTS conveys National Cadet Crops(NCC) and National Service Scheme(NSS) units. NCC cadets daily parade on Indian Independence Day and Republic Day. NSS is a society service programme financed by the Indian Government. Groups participating in NSS held mass awareness and social welfare programmes.
NERIST Application form:
- Applicants for admission can visit the official website of sai institute nerist.ac.in the admission application procedure.
- Applicants can find the option of the admission procedure he/she should then select the given link and follow the given instructions.
- Students for admission is required to fill in all the required details.
- an applicant for admission is should check the details that student has put in before submitting the form.
- applicants can send the admission application form with the necessary documents to the below specified address.
- All the students who are interested in joining in NERIST institute those can apply from the official portal.