The state government has undertaken a massive exercise to fill vacancies in various departments and public sector undertakings (PSUs) of Uttar Pradesh.
With more than 2 lakh posts likely to be filled up in the coming months, chief minister Akhilesh Yadav’s office is keeping a close watch on the proceedings.
The CMO has already asked various major departments to submit information about the total number of vacancies, the posts advertised or to be advertised along with the last date for submission of applications.
- As per information, there were about 90,000 vacancies at various levels in the state police department.
- The process for recruitments for 55000 posts has already started and application forms will be made available from Thursday.
- A decision has been taken to fill up 29,334 posts of assistant teachers of science and mathematics (in the schools being run by urban local bodies) by October 31.
- The state government has also asked the panchayat raj department to begin the process of filling up 26,000 posts of village panchayat officers.
- The department has also been asked to fill up 27,000 posts of village development officers by placing advertisements in newspapers by August.
- At the same time, the state revenue department has been asked to fill up nearly 6,000 posts of ‘lekhpal’ soon.
- Much significance is being attached to the massive recruitment drive before the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.