GATE 2014 Notification | What’s New in GATE 2014 | Organized by IIT Kharagpur
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology that are listed below on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
What’s New in GATE 2014:
- Examinations for all the 21 papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).
- GATE 2014 examinations will be held during forenoon and afternoon on alternate weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between 1st February 2014 and 2nd March 2014. Examinations for some of the papers in GATE 2014 will be held in multiple sessions. Exact details regarding complete examination schedule will be notified at a later date.
- This Time there is Application Fee for Woman which was free in GATE 2013
Changes in GATE 2013 that will continue to remain in force for GATE 2014
- Bachelors degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes..
- Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master’s degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology
- Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Masters degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible. Pre-final year students are not eligible to write GATE 2014- 15.
- GATE Online Application Processing System (website) Opens : Monday 2nd Sep 2013 (00:01 Hrs)
- Last date for Submission of Online Application (website closure) : Thursday 3rd October 2013 (23:59 Hrs)
- Last date for the receipt of printed version of ONLINE Application at the respective zonal GATE Office : Thursday 10th October 2013