One of the most important points to examine is the current job outlook in or around your area. This is important, as it can have an impact on your ability to change careers or find a new job.
The Very first fundamental question you have to ask yourself is, when and why you are changing your job? There are two situations that a employee will face.
Once when your organization is growing faster than you. If that is the situation then stay put. If it is the other way around, i.e. you are growing faster than organization then surely leave the organization. If you are competent then you will grow much faster in your job and will probably make 3x than no of years.
In the beginning of your career concentrate on your competence and learning opportunity in IT industry. If you get that be sure you will always get a good multiple of your relevant experience. Remember IT industry does not pay if your experience is not translated into competence.
10 Reasons it’s time to change your job :
- You know you aren’t performing to the best of your ability
- You start gravitating toward co-workers you can be disgruntled with
- You can’t picture your future with your current employer
- You take inventory of your job’s pros and cons… and the cons win
- You look for ways to improve your current situation but you can’t turn it into what you really want
- Your skills are lagging and your position offers no opportunities to update them
- You can’t get enough positive reinforcement to keep your spirits up
- Your salary just isn’t enough
- You want to live somewhere else
- Your company or work situation has changed radically since you were hired